Mentee Liability Release
By agreeing to participate in the Academy M mentee program, you agree to release Academy M, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and mentors from all present and future liability resulting from my active participation in its mentoring programs.
You certify you are an adult of 18 years old or older, and affirm you are confident in mind and body to enter a mentoring relationship with Academy M, Inc.
You agree to interpret the mentoring services you are receiving from Academy M, Inc in the following matter:
- You understand that the mentoring services you will be receiving from Academy M mentor are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. You also understand that your Academy M mentor is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional.
- You understand that mentoring is, at present, an unregulated industry and that Academy M’s mentors are not licensed by the State of Georgia or any other state. You also understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by Academy M will be considered to be provided in the State of Georgia.
- You understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my mentoring sessions, and subsequently, including my choices and decisions.
- You understand that mentoring is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and you will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
- You understand that all comments and ideas offered by Academy M mentor or Academy M, Inc are solely for the purpose of aiding you in achieving your defined goals. You have the ability to give your informed consent, and hereby give such consent to Academy M mentors to assist you in achieving such goals.
- You understand that to the extent our work together involves career or business, Your Academy M mentor is not promising outcomes included but not limited to increased clientele, profitability and or business success.
- You understand that Academy M, Inc will protect your information as confidential unless you state otherwise in writing. If you report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm yourself or someone else, you understand that necessary actions will be taken and your confidentiality agreement will be limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if Academy M, Inc is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, it will do so to the extent the law requires.
- You understand that the use of technology is not always secure and You accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype and other technology.
You hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge Academy M, Inc, its mentors, volunteers, agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages you may claim to have or that you may have arising out of acts or omissions by yourself or by your Academy M mentor as a result of the advice given by your Academy M mentor or otherwise resulting from the mentoring relationship contemplated by this agreement. You further declare and represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to you to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind your heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.
You certify you agree to the terms and conditions in this release and have fully read its contents.